- James Boswell
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/2 x 12 1/8 inches (47 x 30.8 cm), Plate: 10 5/8 x 7 15/16 inches (27 x 20.1 cm), and Image: 10 5/8 x 7 15/16 inches (27 x 20.1 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "G. Dance R.A. del.t April 28, 1793"; lower center: "James Boswell | Published by WIll.m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London Nov.r 1st, 1808"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Ryskamp
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | collar | diarist | lawyer | portrait | posing | profile | ruffles | wig
- Associated People:
- Boswell, James (1740–1795), lawyer, diarist, and biographer of Samuel Johnson
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, James Boswell, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.