- The Holy Tree of Metereeah
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/16 x 7 13/16 inches (29 x 19.9 cm) and Image: 6 7/8 x 4 11/16 inches (17.5 x 11.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "David Roberts, R. A."; lower center: "London, Published Novr. 1st. 1856, by Day & Son, Gate Street, Lincoln's Inn Fields. | THE HOLY TREE OF METEREEAH."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Renée and Geoffrey Hartman, Yale PhD 1953
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | landscape | men | religious and mythological subject | sycamore | trees
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Al Matariyah | Al-Qahirah | Egypt | Urban
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Roberts, 1796–1864, British, The Holy Tree of Metereeah, 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.