Facade of a Prison
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, pen and black ink, watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 14 1/2 inches (25.4 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Length 400 ft" | Height 46 ft"; in pen and black ink, left: "46"; in graphite, center: "Gallery, Cells | Galelry, Cells"; in graphite, center: "355 x 46"; inscribed on verso in graphite, throughout, plan labeled: "Kitchen", "Servants", "Servants", "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Studio of Sir Jeffry Wyatville, 1766–1840, British, Facade of a Prison, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.