- The Soft Shell'd Tortoise Got in Savanah River Georgia
- ca. 1773
- Gray wash, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 x 4 15/16 inches (8.6 x 12.5 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink lower left to right: "soft shell'd Tortoise got in Savanah River Georgia"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Ryskamp
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | natural history | tortoise
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Bartram, 1739–1823, British, The Soft Shell'd Tortoise Got in Savanah River Georgia, ca. 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.