'This Sceptered Isle'
- Lithograph on medium, white, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 46 7/8 x 39 3/4 inches (119.1 x 101 cm) and Frame: 50 1/4 x 43 x 1 1/8 inches (127.6 x 109.2 x 2.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand lower right: "28/50"
Lettered lower left: "WE ENTERED OUR PRIVATE PODS. DROVE THE ROADS AND TRAVELLED THE MOTORWAY TOWARDS THE TUNNEL. WE PARKED UP AT THE TERMINAL AND GRABBED OUR VALUE MEALS THEN DROVE OURSELVES INTO A TRAIN. BOARDING THE RETURN JOURNEY WITH OUR SOUVENIRES. WE TRAVELLED THE MOTORWAY DOWN THE ROADS AND BACK TO OUR NEWLEY HOMES."
Signed and dated lower right: "SWalter 2006"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Brian and Celia Hopkinson
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | deer | map
- Associated Places:
- United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Stephen Walter, born 1975, 'This Sceptered Isle', 2006
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.