A View of the Harbour at Cannes
- Watercolor, gouache, graphite and scraping out on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 9/16 x 20 1/8 inches (16.7 x 51.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and blue ink, lower left: "Cannes"
Signed and dated in pen and blue ink, lower right: "EL 1869"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | cityscape | harbour | landscape | lighthouse | marine art | mountains | sails | sky | village | water | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cannes | France | Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, A View of the Harbour at Cannes, 1869
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.