Fruit trees, 3 April 1863
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 13/16 x 10 inches (42.7 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lowerr left: "[Aypionzwior Caoraays?]"; Verso: inscribed in pen with brown ink: center: "18 | upright | Lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | branches | food | fruit | leaves | lemons | science | still life | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
The natural history of Edward Lear, Princeton University Press, Princeton, p. 140, fig. 138, QH31.L424 P43 2021 (YCBA)