- Siracusa, 12. June 1847
- Pen in brown ink over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 13/16 x 11 9/16 inches (40.2 x 29.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "SaracusE | 135A | Labdalus in oil no. 136"; Verso: in graphite, center; "77 | Longwise | right."; in graphite, lower right: "D3293 | Edward Lear 1812-1888 | At Syracuse, 1847 | LGD"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures (representations) | landscape | rocks (landforms) | study (visual work) | tree
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Sicily | Siracusa
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Siracusa, 12. June 1847, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.