- Study for the Portrait of Hannah, Countess of Roseberry
- ca. 1880
- Black chalk and white chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 5 1/2 inches (21 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in J.E. Lowinsky's hand in pen and black ink, verso: "Given by Lord Leighton to | Mrs. Ambrose Smith - sold | by her daughter 1943. T.E.L."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Hannah Primrose, Countess of Rosebery (27 July 1851 – 19 November 1890)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Frederic Leighton, 1830–1896, British, Study for the Portrait of Hannah, Countess of Roseberry, ca. 1880
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.