Title page of Piante e Alzate di Diverse Fabbriche
- Part Of:
- graphite, pen and brown ink
- 13 5/16 x 8 7/8 inches (33.8 x 22.5 cm) and 13 1/2 inches (34.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, title page, within a cartouche, center: "Piante Alzate | di | Diverse Fabbriche | Private Publiche | Sagre Profane."; various inscriptions throughout sketchbook.
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, title page, lower center: "Hoc Opusculum perfecit Roma | Stephanus Riou Londinensis | anno H.S.1752."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapels | colonnades | columns (architectural elements) | Corinthian order | country house | domes | exterior | facades | palazzi | pilasters | plans (drawings) | rustication | statues | villas
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Stephen Riou, 1720–1780, Title page of Piante e Alzate di Diverse Fabbriche, 1752