Title page of Piante e Alzate di Diverse Fabbriche
- Part Of:
- graphite, pen and brown ink
- Sheet: 13 5/16 x 8 7/8 inches (33.8 x 22.5 cm) and Spine: 13 1/2 inches (34.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, title page, within a cartouche, center: "Piante Alzate | di | Diverse Fabbriche | Private Publiche | Sagre Profane."; various inscriptions throughout sketchbook.
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, title page, lower center: "Hoc Opusculum perfecit Roma | Stephanus Riou Londinensis | anno H.S.1752."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chapels | colonnades | columns (architectural elements) | Corinthian order | country house | domes | exterior | facades | palazzi | pilasters | plans (drawings) | rustication | statues | villas
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Stephen Riou, 1720–1780, Title page of Piante e Alzate di Diverse Fabbriche, 1752
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.