The Entrance to Wookey Hole, Somerset
- ca. 1719
- Gray wash, pen and gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/16 x 12 9/16in. (20.8 x 31.9cm) and Sheet: 8 1/8 × 12 1/2 inches (20.6 × 31.8 cm)
Inscription cut from old mount and new one insert in pen and brown ink: ".20."; in graphite and pen and brown ink: "The Entrance to Ochie hole"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cave | cliff | landscape | rocks (landforms) | vegetation
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Bernard Lens III, 1682–1740, British, The Entrance to Wookey Hole, Somerset, ca. 1719
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.