- The Miraculous Draught of Fishes
- after 1855
- Etching and stipple engraving with aquatint on cream card
- Image: 5 5/16 x 6 3/4 inches (13.5 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "E / a / -"; center: "Proof | (line of text struck out) | Raphael Cartoon | 18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- appearance of Christ at the Lake of Gennesaret (Sea of Galilee, Sea of Tiberias): miraculous draught of fishes (after the Resurrection) | beards | beards | birds | boats | Christian | cloaks | disciples | discussion | fish | fishing | gesturing | halo | lake | miracle | nets | New Testament | people | power | reeds | religious | religious and mythological subject | surprise | tapestry | the Raphael Cartoons | togas | trees
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
The Miraculous Draught of Fishes (cartoon, 1515)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
after George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, The Miraculous Draught of Fishes, after 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.