IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
after George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, The Miraculous Draught of Fishes, after 1855
The Miraculous Draught of Fishes
- Part Of:
- after 1855
- Etching and stipple engraving with aquatint on cream card
- Image: 5 5/16 x 6 3/4 inches (13.5 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "E / a / -"; center: "Proof | (line of text struck out) | Raphael Cartoon | 18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- appearance of Christ at the Lake of Gennesaret (Sea of Galilee, Sea of Tiberias): miraculous draught of fishes (after the Resurrection) | beards | beards | birds | boats | Christian | cloaks | disciples | discussion (meeting) | fish | fishing | gesturing | halo | lake | miracle | nets | New Testament | people | power | reeds | religious | religious and mythological subject | surprise | tapestry | the Raphael Cartoons | togas | trees
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
The Miraculous Draught of Fishes (cartoon, 1515)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.