- Mr. Wilkinson as Michael in Free & Easy
- Stipple engraving, line engraving, and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 x 7 11/16 inches (27.1 x 19.5 cm) and Image: 7 5/8 x 5 3/4 inches (19.3 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "4-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by G. Clint A. R. A."; lower center: "Published by H. Berthoud Junr. May 17th. 1822."; | (as Michael) MR. WILKINSON, (in Free & Easy) | Pistols Ah! He wants "to teach the young idea hon to shoot."; lower right: "Engraved by R. Cooper."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Doret, Yale BA 1968, and Linda Mitchell
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actor | book | breeches (trousers) | coat | costume | cravat | genre subject | man | performance | play | portrait | theater (discipline) | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Wilkinson, Tate (1739–1803), actor and theatre manager
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Cooper, ca. 1800–1836, British, Mr. Wilkinson as Michael in Free & Easy, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.