The Lassie Herding Sheep
- Lithograph on thick cream smooth laid paper
- Sheet: 23 x 27 3/4 inches (58.4 x 70.5 cm)
Lettering lower left: "Painted by Landseer R.A."; lettering lower center: "THE LASSIE HERDING SHEEP | From the Original Picture in the Collection of Willam Wells, Esq. of Redleaf near Tunbridge | To whom this Engraving is respectfully dedicated by his Obliged Servant John Burnet | London Published March 1, 1843 Grames & Warmsley, Printsellers to Her Majesty and H.R.H Prince Albert , 6 Pall Mall - Paris Publie par Gupil and Vibert 15 Boulevard Mont Martre Depose"; lettering lower right: "Engraved by John Burnet F.R.S."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Doret, Yale BA 1968, and Linda Mitchell
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | sheep | shepherd | wool
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Burnet, 1784–1868, British, The Lassie Herding Sheep, 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.