- The Lassie Herding Sheep
- Lithograph on thick cream smooth laid paper
- Sheet: 23 x 27 3/4 inches (58.4 x 70.5 cm)
Lettering lower left: "Painted by Landseer R.A."; lettering lower center: "THE LASSIE HERDING SHEEP | From the Original Picture in the Collection of Willam Wells, Esq. of Redleaf near Tunbridge | To whom this Engraving is respectfully dedicated by his Obliged Servant John Burnet | London Published March 1, 1843 Grames & Warmsley, Printsellers to Her Majesty and H.R.H Prince Albert , 6 Pall Mall - Paris Publie par Gupil and Vibert 15 Boulevard Mont Martre Depose"; lettering lower right: "Engraved by John Burnet F.R.S."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Doret, Yale BA 1968, and Linda Mitchell
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | sheep | shepherd | wool
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Burnet, 1784–1868, British, The Lassie Herding Sheep, 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.