IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Strongyli, May 4, 1864
- Additional Title(s):
- May 4, 1864
- Brown and black ink and graphite on medium, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Frame: 22 x 29 x 1 inches (55.9 x 73.7 x 2.5 cm), Sheet: 15 × 21 1/2 inches (38.1 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite center right: "all oli[...]"; in artist's hand in graphite center: "[...] | M[...] of ly[...] M[...] green w [...]" in artist's hand in graphite lower left: "very dark [p...] gr[...] | near [...pory...] [...lear, Il...Curlellarox] | 4 May 1864"; in artist's hand in graphite lower center: "9 [...ch...er] 110"; in artist's hand in graphite lower right: "g g | D[...]h | 50"; inscribed on back in artist's hand in graphite lower center: "Strongloli Corfu"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Peter R. Spokes, Yale BA 1948, in memory of C.C. and C.B. Hogan, Yale BA 1928
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- island | landscape | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Kérkira, Nísos | Strongoli
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.