Phalaena Aceris. Acer Rubrum (Grey Maple Moth, Red Maple), Plate 93 from James Edward Smith, the 'Natural History of the Rarer Lepidopterous Insects of Georgia', London, 1797
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Engraving with original hand coloring on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 x 12 1/4 inches (40.6 x 31.1 cm)
Lettered upper center: "93"; center: "Ino. Harris Sculp"; lettered below image: "Phalaena aceris. | Acer rubrum."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John D. Viener, Yale AB 1961
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botany | butterfly | caterpillar | chrysalis | plant | red maple | science | still life | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Harris the elder, 1767–1832, British, Phalaena Aceris. Acer Rubrum (Grey Maple Moth, Red Maple), Plate 93 from James Edward Smith, the 'Natural History of the Rarer Lepidopterous Insects of Georgia', London, 1797, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.