- early 20th century
- Various media, including: pen and black ink with black wash and white gouache on wove paper adhered to marbleized paper-covered board; ms. notes in brown ink; inscription in purple crayon
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 5 1/4in. (15.9 x 13.3cm)
Inscribed inside front cover in blue ink: "Early Portrait of Emy Lyon by George Romney - RRMS"; page with ms. notes in brown ink; in purple crayon - "This is a genuine sample of G. Romney's signature RRM SEE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.