Mountain Landscape, Macugnaga
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash, graphite and scraping out on thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 15 3/4 inches (29.8 x 40 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink lower right: "Macugnaga | <Mcagnaca.> | J. Ruskin - 1845"
Signed in pen and brown ink lower right: "J Ruskin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridges (built works) | cabins (houses) | houses | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | trees | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Macugnaga | Novara | Piemonte
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Timothy J. Barringer, Unto this last : two hundred years of John Ruskin, Yale University Press, New Haven, CT, p. 185, cat. 34a, NJ18.R895 .B37 2019 (LC) Oversize (YCBA)
John Dixon Hunt, The art of Ruskin and the spirit of place, Reaktion Books, London, p. 39, fig. 22, NJ18.R895 H86 2020
Paul Mellon's Legacy, a passion for British art. [large print labels] , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2007, N5220 M552 +P381 2007, Mellon Shelf (YCBA)