A Scene on Mount Olympus
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 11 1/4in. (21 x 28.6cm), Sheet: 8 3/8 × 11 1/4 inches (21.3 × 28.6 cm), and Mount: 10 5/8 × 13 1/2 inches (27 × 34.3 cm)
Watermark: Fleur-de-Lis (partially visible)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Mich.l Rysbrack Inv.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- attributes of Jupiter: thunderbolt | clouds | curtain | eagle | ewer | goblet | goddesses | gods | heaven | king (person) | Olympus | plate | prism | queen (person) | religious and mythological subject | servant | spear | sun | table | talking
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Michael Rysbrack, 1694–1770, Flemish, active in Britain (from 1720), A Scene on Mount Olympus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.