A Scene on Mount Olympus
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 11 1/4in. (21 x 28.6cm), Sheet: 8 3/8 × 11 1/4 inches (21.3 × 28.6 cm), and Mount: 10 5/8 × 13 1/2 inches (27 × 34.3 cm)
Watermark: Fleur-de-Lis (partially visible)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Mich.l Rysbrack Inv.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- attributes of Jupiter: thunderbolt | clouds | curtain | eagle | ewer | goblet | goddesses | gods | heaven | king (person) | Olympus | plate | prism | queen (person) | religious and mythological subject | servant | spear | sun | table | talking
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Michael Rysbrack, 1694–1770, Flemish, active in Britain (from 1720), A Scene on Mount Olympus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.