Illustrations of Eclogue I, Introductory, The Giant Polypheme
- Part Of:
- Wood-engraving and letterpress on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 7 1/8 inches (18.1 cm), Sheet: 4 1/8 x 7 inches (10.5 x 17.8 cm), and Image: 3 1/8 x 4 5/8 inches (7.9 x 11.7 cm)
Lettered upper left: "To face page 21."; upper center: "ILLUSTRATION OF ECLOGUE I. | INTRODUCTORY."; lower left: "Blake, del."; lower center: "THE GIANT POLYPHEME, FROM A FAMOUS PICTURE BY N. POUSSIN."; lower right: "B[...]field, sculps."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | landscape | shepherds | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Illustrations of Eclogue I, Introductory, The Giant Polypheme, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.