Caius Julius Cæsar
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 7 1/8 inches (18.1 cm), Sheet: 6 5/8 x 4 1/8 inches (16.8 x 10.5 cm), and Image: 5 x 3 1/4 inches (12.7 x 8.3 cm)
Lettered lower right: "Blake, del. et Sculp."; lower center: "Caius Julius Caesar, | Afsafsinated 44 years before the Christian Aera. | Virgil: aet. 26. | London, Published by Dr.Thornton, 1821."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | bust | laurel | portrait
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.