- Former Title(s):
Sheet of Rustic Studies
- Materials & Techniques:
- Brown wash on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 x 15 inches (23.8 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown wash lower right: "PM"; inscribed on verso in blue pencil, upper center: "James Henry Brocas +1846. Ireland"; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink lower right: "J.M. M[...]d[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Anne W. and David T. Mininberg, Yale BA 1957
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cattle | figure study | horse (animal) | laborers | men | studies
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry James Brocas, ca. 1790–1846, Irish, Rustic Studies, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.