Cavalry Battle with a Distant view of a Town
- Additional Title(s):
Cavalry Battle on a Plain below a Fortress on a Hill
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink with black, brown & gray washes on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches (21.6 x 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pena and brown ink lower left: "J Wyck"; inscribed on back in graphite upper center: "11 1/4 x 8 1/42 | 15 x12"
Signed in pen and brown ink lower left: "J Wyck."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Rutgers Barclay, Yale BA 1957
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armies | battle | cannons | cavalry | fortress | horses (animals) | landscape | military art | soldiers | view | warfare
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Jan Wyck, ca. 1645–1700, Dutch, active in Britain (from ca. 1664), Cavalry Battle with a Distant view of a Town, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.