Girl in Church
- Watercolor on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 6 3/4 x 6 inches (17.1 x 15.2 cm)
Signed in pen and ink, lower right: "Gwen John"
Inscribed, on the verso, in graphite, upper right: "A [?]O 8773 | EJ 1132"; lower left: "Set 11"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of the Libra Foundation, from the family of Nicholas and Susan Pritzker
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | church | figure study | girl | hat | mass
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Modernism and Memory - Rhoda Pritzker and the Art of Collecting (Yale Center for British Art, 2016-03-30 - 2016-08-21) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Andrea Bu¨ttner : hidden marriages - Gwen John & Moss, Koenig Books, London; Koln, 2014, pp. 3, 8-9, 52-59, 61, NJ18.B8693535 A12 2014 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
Ian Collins, Modernism and memory : Rhoda Pritzker and the art of collecting, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2016, pp. 95-95, 206, fig. 56. 206 fig., N6768 .M635 2016 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]