- Lady Hamilton as 'Nature'
- Mezzotint, with border in aquatint (first state, Horne.IIa) on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 × 11 5/16 inches (37.6 × 28.7 cm) and Image: 9 13/16 × 8 inches (24.9 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "980"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#67"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "6980"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by G. Romney"; lettered, lower center: "NATURE. | Flush'd by the spirit of the genial year | Her lips blush deeper sweets, they breath of YOuth, | The shining moisture swells into her eyes | In brighter glow, her wishing bosem heaves | With palpatations wild. | London Publish'd May 29, 1784, by J.R. Smith N.83 Oxford Street."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by J.R. Smith, | Mezzotinto Engraver to his Royal | Highness the Prince of Wales."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Lady Hamilton as 'Nature', 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.