IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, British, Louis XIV Revival frame, 2nd quarter of 19th century
British, Louis XIV Revival frame
- 2nd quarter of 19th century
- Wood and compo, original oil and water gilding
- Frame: 45 × 40 × 4 1/2 inches (114.3 × 101.6 × 11.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: Louis XIV Revival | frame status: Probably original | frame quality: Fine | frame ornament: Leaf-&-tongue back; foliate scroll-&-raffle leaf corners; continuous scrolling foliage, flowers and strapwork on a cross-hatched ground; lotus leaf sight | frame cross-section: Ogee with frieze and inlay | frame alteration: no alteration
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.