IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Two Coaches - Travelling in France?, undated
Two Coaches - Travelling in France?
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Bound Volume of 15, Original Water Colour Drawings, by Thomas Rowlandson
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink, gray ink, blue ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 9/16 × 11 11/16 inches (19.2 × 29.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 8 13/16 × 12 7/8 inches (22.4 × 32.7 cm), Mount: 12 11/16 × 16 1/4 inches (32.2 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "14"
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "T. Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.