IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, British, 'Carlo Maratta' - NeoClassical variant frame, 4th quarter of 18th century
British, 'Carlo Maratta' - NeoClassical variant frame
- 4th quarter of 18th century
- Carved wood, later oil and water gilding over original gilding
- Frame: 43 7/8 × 35 7/8 inches (111.4 × 91.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: 'Carlo Maratta' - NeoClassical variant | frame status: Original | frame quality: Fine | frame ornament: Egg-&-dart back edge; ribbon-&-stave; fluted scotia with acanthus leaf corners; bound fasces at sight edge | frame feature: One of a pair | frame cross-section: Concave | frame alteration: no alteration
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.