IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, British, Louis XIV style frame, 2nd and 3rd quarters of 18th century
British, Louis XIV style frame
- 2nd and 3rd quarters of 18th century
- Carved wood, later oil gilding over original gilding and sanded frieze
- Frame: 41 1/2 × 33 1/2 × 2 3/4 inches (105.4 × 85.1 × 7 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: Louis XIV style | frame status: Out of period | frame quality: Good | frame ornament: Flowered back edge; projecting, pierced corner foliate scroll-&-shell cartouches with applied rosettes; centre cartouches with flower posies; continuous foliate scrolls and floral sprigs on a punched ground; acanthus tip sight edge | frame feature: One of a pair | frame cross-section: Ogee with frieze | frame alteration: probably not
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.