Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Woodcutter's Picnic, undated
A Woodcutter's Picnic
- Pen and vermillion ink and watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper on contemporary mount
- Mount: 10 13/16 x 15 1/16 inches (27.5 x 38.3 cm) and Sheet: 10 1/4 x 14 1/2 inches (26 x 36.8 cm)
watermark: a watermark is partially visible at left behind tree trunk area of drawing.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- axe | cascade | cask | cups | dog (animal) | drinking | food | landscape | men | picnic area | river | rocks (landforms) | trees | women | wood | woodcutters (loggers) | woods
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.