Hungarian and Highland Broadsword Exercise
- Additional Title(s):
Cut Two and Horses off Side Protect New Guard
- Watercolor with pen and gray and black ink over graphite; verso: graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/16 x 10 11/16 inches (20.8 x 27.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center: "Cut two and Horses off side Protect New Guard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artillery | broadswords | exercise | hats | horseback riders | Hungarian | soldiers | uniforms, military
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Hungarian and Highland Broadsword Exercise, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.