Hungarian and Highland Broadsword Exercise
- Additional Title(s):
Cut Two and Horses off Side Protect New Guard
- Watercolor with pen and gray and black ink over graphite; verso: graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- 8 3/16 x 10 11/16 inches (20.8 x 27.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center: "Cut two and Horses off side Protect New Guard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artillery | broadswords | exercise | hats | horseback riders | horses (animals) | Hungarian | military art | soldiers | uniforms, military
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Hungarian and Highland Broadsword Exercise, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.