- Nymphs at a Roman Bath
- Watercolor with pen and gray and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, laid paper, mounted on, thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 13/16 x 7 7/16 inches (22.4 x 18.9 cm) and Mount: 11 9/16 x 9 7/8 inches (29.4 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, very faint, lower left: "The Temple of Venus"; in graphite (?), lower right, very faint: "Thomas Rowlandson. 1756 - 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bath | bathers | bathing | columns (architectural elements) | dress | genre subject | headdress | nudes | nymphs | pillars | religious and mythological subject | water | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Nymphs at a Roman Bath, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.