- Study for Gassed Soldiers
- Charcoal and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper mounted on card
- Sheet: 18 1/2 x 24 1/4 inches (47 x 61.6 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite lower left: "J.S. 310"
Watermark: "Michellet France"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battlefield | death | figure study | gas | military art | military uniform | soldiers | war | world war | World War, 1914-1918
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Singer Sargent, 1856–1925, American, Study for Gassed Soldiers, 1918
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.