Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Villa Torlania, formerly Villa Conti, Erascati, ca. 1844
Villa Torlania, formerly Villa Conti, Erascati
- ca. 1844
- Graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 9 11/16 inches (13.3 x 24.6 cm), Mount: 7 5/8 x 12 1/16 inches (19.4 x 30.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Lear"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, Yale BA 1934, MA 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balcony | building | landscape | planters (containers) | plants | stone | villa | wall
- Associated Places:
- Frascati | Italy | Rome
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.