- Three Clerical Scholars
- Watercolor with pen and back and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, laid paper, mounted on, thick, slightly textured, beige, wove support
- Sheet: 8 15/16 x 11 3/16 inches (22.7 x 28.4 cm) and Mount: 10 15/16 x 13 5/16 inches (27.8 x 33.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, verso, lower center: "Heads of Houses-"
Signed and dated in gray ink, lower right: "Rowlandson 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caps | clericals | genre subject | men | robes (main garments) | scholars
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Three Clerical Scholars, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.