IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Three Clerical Scholars, 1789
Three Clerical Scholars
- Additional Title(s):
Three Pillars of the Church
- Watercolor with pen and back and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 15/16 x 11 3/16 inches (22.7 x 28.4 cm), Mount: 10 15/16 x 13 5/16 inches (27.8 x 33.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, verso, lower center: "Heads of Houses-"
Signed and dated in gray ink, lower right: "Rowlandson 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caps | clericals | genre subject | men | robes (main garments) | scholars
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.