- The Amorous Turk
- Watercolor with pen and black ink and wash on slightly textured, laid paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 12 1/8 inches (29.2 x 30.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "gm/2"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "2661"
watermarks: not visible
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- feather | genre subject | guitar | hat | man | pipe (smoking equipment) | smoking | turban | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Amorous Turk, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.