A Burial at Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight
- Additional Title(s):
Carisbrooke Castle and Church - Funeral Procession
- between 1797 and 1800
- Pen and black and brown ink with blue and gray washes over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, white, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 17 1/2 inches (13.7 x 44.5 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "TEL" collector's stamp
watermarks: "J What"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- burial | bushes | castle | church | coffin | genre subject | graveyard | hill | mourners | procession | skull (skeleton component) | tombstone
- Associated Places:
- Carisbrooke | England | Europe | Isle of Wight | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Burial at Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight, between 1797 and 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.