IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Perhaps Foord & Dickinson, 1859–1899, British, British, Artist's frame, last third of 19th century
British, Artist's frame
- last third of 19th century
- Wood and compo, original oil and water gilding
- Frame: 13 1/2 × 19 × 1 5/8 inches (34.3 × 48.3 × 4.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: Artist's frame | frame status: Probably original | frame quality: Exceptional | frame ornament: Shallow-relief continuous undulating Indian or Persian arched and cusped openwork ornament containing ‘Eastern flowers’ alternating with florets and bellflower sprigs | frame feature: Orientalist pattern | frame cross-section: Architrave | frame alteration: probably not
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.