A Summer Idyll
- Additional Title(s):
A College Green with a Group of Damsels and Young Gentleman in Foreground, a Flock of Sheep and a Chapel in the Distance
- between 1810 and 1815
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink and pen and gray ink over graphite on thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 x 10 15/16 inches (21.3 x 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "The College Green"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "No 6"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "u | (underline) 41 | (underline 216 | "6/4-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | dog (animal) | feathers | flute | genre subject | landscape | men | reading | resting | sheep | sitting | summer | trees | women | youth
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Summer Idyll, between 1810 and 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.