- A Man Driving a Team of Six Girls
- between 1778 and 1780
- Watercolor with pen and black ink over graphite; verso: graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 7 13/16 x 9 5/16 inches (19.8 x 23.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite and brown ink, lower right: "J. Gilray"; Verso: in graphite, lower left: "By Gillray"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | dresses | driving | girls | man | riding | riding crop | roads | team | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Man Driving a Team of Six Girls, between 1778 and 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.