The Historian Animating the Mind of the Young Painter
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper, mounted on, thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/16 x 10 3/16 inches (18.9 x 25.9 cm) and Mount: 9 5/16 x 12 1/16 inches (23.7 x 30.6 cm)
Inscribed in the artist's hand, in graphite, lower center: "Thompson The Poet Reading His Seasons to Wilson the Painter"; in bown ink, lower right: "[Scip?"] (some of letters lost in stamping process) collector's stamp; Verso: in brown ink, upper center: "BIXX" | ["N"?]; in brown ink, lower right: "Rowlandson" | "7 " 6"
verso: collector's marks, unidentified.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bust | cat (domestic cat) | chairs | child | easel | genre subject | hat | historian | interior | men | painter | pen | room | sculpture | window | woman | writer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Historian Animating the Mind of the Young Painter, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.