IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Lord Salisbury, Standing by a Pillar, undated
Lord Salisbury, Standing by a Pillar
- Brown ink with brown wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 x 13 1/4 inches (50.2 x 33.7 cm)
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape | coat | figure study | hat | man | pillar | portrait | standing | wig
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.