IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, British, Baroque frame, 3rd quarter of 17th century
British, Baroque frame
- 3rd quarter of 17th century
- Carved wood, later oil gilding over original gilding and sanded frieze
- Frame: 30 × 26 × 2 3/8 inches (76.2 × 66 × 6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: Baroque | frame status: Original | frame quality: Good | frame ornament: Flowered back; acanthus sight edge | frame feature: Oval frame | frame cross-section: Ogee with frieze | frame alteration: no alteration
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.