Exit Pursued by a Bear, or "The Abandonment of Perdita" from "The Winter's Tale"
- Graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 5 3/8 inches (14.3 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "196"; lower left: "Perdita Abandonment"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bear | drama | exit | figure | figure study | literary theme | movement | plays by William Shakespeare | The Winter's Tale, play by William Shakespeare | winter
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Exit Pursued by a Bear, or "The Abandonment of Perdita" from "The Winter's Tale", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.