Exit Pursued by a Bear, or "The Abandonment of Perdita" from "The Winter's Tale"
- Graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 5 3/8 inches (14.3 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "196"; lower left: "Perdita Abandonment"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bear | drama | exit | figure | figure study | literary theme | movement | plays by William Shakespeare | The Winter's Tale, play by William Shakespeare | winter
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Exit Pursued by a Bear, or "The Abandonment of Perdita" from "The Winter's Tale", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.