IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, British, Rococo frame, 2nd and 3rd quarters of 18th century
British, Rococo frame
- 2nd and 3rd quarters of 18th century
- Carved wood, later patinated oil and water gilding over original gilding and punched ground at corners
- Frame: 70 3/4 × 57 1/2 inches (179.7 × 146.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: Rococo | frame status: Out of period | frame quality: Fine | frame ornament: Flower-&-dart back; pierced raffle leaf-&-foliate scroll corners; ‘C’-scroll, rocaille-&-pierced trefoil centre cartouches with trailing floral sprigs; linked by swept rails; centred husk sight | frame cross-section: Later fitting slip | frame alteration: possibly
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.