IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, British, 'Carlo Maratta' - NeoClassical variant frame, late 18th to early 19th century
British, 'Carlo Maratta' - NeoClassical variant frame
- late 18th to early 19th century
- Carved wood, later oil and water gilding over original gilding
- Frame: 12 5/8 × 15 1/4 × 1 3/8 inches (32.1 × 38.7 × 3.5 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: 'Carlo Maratta' - NeoClassical variant | frame status: Contemporary | frame quality: Good | frame ornament: Flowered back edge; gadrooned top edge; stylized acanthus leaf sight edge | frame cross-section: Concave | frame alteration: yes
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.