Two Sketches of Women and Children Fleeing and Standing Female Figure Playing Tambourine as for Lady Anne Leveson in "Dancing Gower Children"
- Additional Title(s):
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 7 1/8 inches (11.4 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "28x22 [...]"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | crowd | figure | figure study | sketches | standing | tambourine | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Two Sketches of Women and Children Fleeing and Standing Female Figure Playing Tambourine as for Lady Anne Leveson in "Dancing Gower Children", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.