Satan Surprised at the Ear of Eve
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 3 5/8 inches (14 x 9.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "391 [...]"
Watermark; oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Satan Surprised at the Ear of Eve, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.