IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Prison Scene, undated
- Brown ink with gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 x 21 inches (35.6 x 53.3 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | child | children | cloth | correctional institution | genre subject | men | nudes | prison | prisoners | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.