Howard Visiting a Prison
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of the Same Scene as the Recto
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray and brown wash over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 21 1/4 inches (36.8 x 54 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "146"
Circular collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloth | correctional institution | historical subject | men | nudes | prison | prisoners | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Howard Visiting a Prison, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.